Bijou Articulé

This is one of the most intricate and complicated pieces that I have made. Actually, it might be the only intricate and complicated thing that I've designed so far.

The point of this project was simply to make a piece of jewellery that moves. With articulations. We had free will and choice and could do anything we wanted as long as it moved in one way or another.

Now, not that that wasn't enough already, I decided I should try making something that could open and close but still look nice both ways. By the time my drawing and mesures were done and I was sitting at my bench, I thought I had signed my deathwish. I had never done anything as such.

So here is my pendant, which you can wear three ways!



The first picture is what you see when you wear the pendant at it's natural state(closed).
In the second picture is the back of the pendant when it is closed.

To open the pendant you turn the lock and then lift it so that the panel can bend and open which gives the fourth picture, what you see when you wear the pendant half open.


Lastly, when you unfold the last panel, it gives you the long pendant that we see in picture 5. In picture 6 we can see the back of the pendant (with lock closed).

Whether you want to wear it with a simple outfit or want it to occupy your cleavage space with your evening dress, the pendant fits!

Aucun commentaire: